Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 January 2017

Hi there,
Sorry I'm later than I expected with this post ....you know the normal life creeps in and takes over my little crafty world from time to time, darn it !!
Anyway I'm back !!! I'm in the middle of clearing and sorting my crafty attic so before I head up there again I thought I would share some makes with Tattered Lace new "huggables" dies.
So you all know by now that I like to do things a wee bit differently so when these dies arrived ( we just get the dies, un-named and with no instructions, )I looked at them and realised pretty quickly how they were supposed to work  but..........I decided to play instead !


So I'd like to share with you another way to use your dies. I die cut the flower Huggable die and snipped out some of the parts to leave me with a suitable image. I applied a light spray of temporary adhesive art spra to the back of it and attached to a piece of heavy watercolour card. I then used it as a mask and painted inside the lines with several layers of washes. I waited for this to dry then went back in with a less dilute version of the same colour to add depth to the petals ( A nod to Cath Kidson's style) Anyway, I think it worked rather well. I then lifted my "mask" repositioned it , slightly lower this time, and did the same again. I thien painted in a little wash of a light-ish green and left to dry. 

So. although I was pleased with my results,it did look rather wishy washy . So what do you do when this happens ? Well it is a case of trial and error really but I knew that I needed something to act as contrast so what better than BLACK ! 
A little black mat and BAM it pops out the flower image ! I found a green dotty piece of scrap paper in my stash , mounted that onto black card also. Both panels were adhered to a 6"x 6"white scallop edged card, a couple of white buttons attached to the side and a black "With Love" sentiment to complete it.

Just another way to use your dies....Yeah now you're raking through your dies and looking at them in a different way huh?

Til next time ,
Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment