Search This Blog

Sunday 7 August 2016



Riding along on my pushbike honey.........



Remember that song from the 1970's ? Ok, just me then !

I have a Tattered Lace bike die. Now what I have found easiest to do with my dies is to cut them out in plain white paper, colour various parts in , snip various parts off and see what I can make from them and then put together some cards /projects.
So with this one I thought it would look particularly good as a black silhouette .I printed a background from a My Craft Studio CD -Advanced Paper Flower Expert CD and trimmed it to fit a 6"x 6" card. I matted it on to some plain black card and adhered it to the card blank. I cut the bike and the Happy Birthday sentiment from black card and using 3d foam pads stuck them into position. I was quite pleased with the result and for a simple and quick card.....I can see me making more of these.


The other bike die card, I decided needed a load of colour ! It's from the Summer Breeze collection . I actually cut the initial layer from craft card then used a variety of bright colours snipped and trimmed to add some interest and depth. I used some black for the tyres. I kept the background quite plain as I had used so many different colours on the bike, a little bit of faux stitching ( obviously !!!) then layered up onto some more craft card. As you can see, I have kind of limited my colour palette to teal , yellow and black. The bike was cut from craft card and I've used the same in the background. This is quite a good way to use colours without overwhelming your card with too many at one time. It ties all the colours in and gives a more coordinated look to the card.




Now then , I wanted to make another card with this die ....something that would show it in a completely different form.  See what you think.....


Here you can see that I have just taken one element, the balloons. I cut them from some lovely bright colours , added a white highlight with a gel pen, stuck them to the card front with some foam pads for a bit of height. This time, to give the background some interest without adding in colour, I ran my craft card through a dotty embossing folder and applied some black gem stones to the top and bottom corners The Happy Birthday sentiment is also a Tattered Lace one   ( http://www.crafting.co.uk/ )


I like this  and again it just shows the versatility of this particular die.



Happy crafting folks,
Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment