Search This Blog

Monday 27 June 2016

Good Afternoon to you !


It's a weird day weather wise with black clouds , sudden downpours and then warm, bright sunshine ! How crazy is that ?

Well , I hate to say this but there are going to be a few more pictures of Christmas things before it goes back to summery projects.
As crafters , we have to get started early in the year ......drooling over reds, greens, golds, snow scenes etc while the British weather decides whether it will be sunshine or rain. Now on dull dark days , it's very easy to get in the mood for Christmas things, as I'm sure you will understand. However, on bright sunny days, it's a very different story. In fact it can be torture !!! But if we leave  things til the end of the year ( as I have done in the past....HUGE mistake ) , it becomes a real chore ! And then when you realize how close Christmas really is , you have no time or inclination to make your lovelies for your own family.
It's a funny one.

Well now as you know I have been lucky yo cast my eyes on new releases from Tattered Lace. To be honest , everything I've been sent has been great to use. The dies are actually the best I had (and no I don't get paid to say that !) The dies release the card so easily so there is no need for all this banging the dies off the counter (die-abuse !) You cut the card , and  out it pops ..

I was also sent a selection of images from the Christmas cd by Victoria Nelson.
WOW ! They are lovely - different , fresh, definitely will be using them for my own cards this year.
I believe the stamped images are designed to fir perfectly in the die cuts- I was sent the images as downloads so I wasn't aware of that , however I did play about witht he sizing in My Craft Studio so it can be done.......more time to play I think !!!
Anyway, on to some of the projects I was working on, hope you like them

Kate x


These cards were printed from the CD and some were decoupaged.Nice images , easy to cut , traditional and modern. So many to choose from .


 It doesn't show up too well in the picture but the 'NOEL' sentiment is actually printed to look like glitter , so a wee drop of glitter glue just brings it to life.



This was made using a pre-printed frame to sit the decoupage on top of . The round stopper on this easel card was made by increasing the size of a little brad embellishment.




                                                     A little wall hanging .


 


This is what I mean by the images looking so different ! It looks really fresh but strangely a little bit retro !! I love it !. Background papers printed from the CD.




Background papers from the CD , stamped the baubles and coloured them in - nice !



Aw ! Now this little cutie is one of my faves ! It's a die cut tree  on a wooden bobbin to make a little table decoration . It makes me smile.......


 More use of the die cuts. This is Tattered Lace's pentagon die along with the little garland. I cut it from green,  then yellow,then pink, then purple, snipped away at it and layered them up.

I have more plans for this pentagon die tho so watch this space ....


 This HAS to be my fave out of the bunch- so bright and vibrant. A little bit consuming I will admit, but I put on a good film and had an evening of die cutting sitting on the floor in front of the TV !



So I hope you like them. Create and Craft have a show selling the CD by Victoria Nelson and there are papers, stamps and dies to match - looks like a good deal.

Have fun !


Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment